Bodegas Faustino has been at the forefront of wine research from the start. It has its own R&D department which leads and participates in several projects:
- Application of infra-red spectroscopy in determining polyphenolic composition (colour in wine).
- Control of TCA in cork plugs.
- Study of amino acids and derivatives in grapes and wines.
- Light exposure in different types of wine.
- Studies of dealcoholisation of wines.
- Plant protection treatment reduction practices
- Creating new strategies for selecting grape quality and vineyards based on precision viticulture.
- Reusing treatment plant sludge as fertilizer.
- Researching into new materials for eco-efficient packaging.
- Incorporating comprehensive vinification barrels.
- Calculation of water footprint. Calculation of Carbon Footprint.
ALL OUR WINERIES FOLLOW EFFECTIVE EMISSION REDUCTION POLICIES
We are deeply committed with the environment and we have carbon footprint certification from AENOR for eight wines from six of our wineries.
All our wineries have their waste managed and follow effective emission reduction policies.
The Group owns 16 hectares of vineyards for the production of organic wine, with an outstanding reception in the European market.
All the wineries have ISO 9001 quality certification. The Campillo, Portia and Marqués de Vitoria Portia wineries have ISO 14001 environmental management certification. Bodegas Faustino and Bodegas Campillo have BRC (British Retail Consortium) certification.